Sunday, May 13, 2012

SHE

Today I had the opportunity to sing an amazing song in sacrament! Now I normally am not one to sing in church let alone BY MYSELF! I couldn't even believe that I actually did it. My beautiful roomie Kristen aka Gerti convinced me to sing while she played the piano. She is an amazing piano player, if I had fingers like that girl I would just be so happy, not that I am not already happy for the sooo many talents God has given me.

When I was originally praying I was thing asking, "Heavenly Father, please don't let me embarrass myself! I don't want to sound horrible"! But I just was just getting this nervous feeling of my throat getting dry and my hands were shaking. During the waiting period, I was praying, but this time I think in a much better way. I realized that the reason why I was doing this was not to sound good in front of people, or to have people want me to sing for other things but rather the reason for singing had to be, for the members. I had to swallow pride and realize it's okay I don't sound amazing.

I reflected on a time that I had heard a few girls singing in sacrament. A couple of my friends afterwards laughed at them because they were not perfectly in tuned BUT I fell in love with their song! I really felt the spirit so strongly when they sang. I tried to apply that to my song today. I realized that it didn't matter how well I sang, it didn't matter if I was in tune or if I smiled. I had to be the facilitator of the spirit. The spirit is not prejudice as long as you worthy of it.

I decided to start praying to allow the spirit to touch i love richard the hearts of those that were listening, that they could internalize it and realize either the worth of women or their very selfs. The song was called "She" by Cherie Call. It is about a women who does not realize her worth. Now there is something so great about this women, she appears to be an everyday women. BUT there is something different about her, well I could explain BUT the song lyrics are just a must read so here they are!


SHE

(Cherie Call)

She is not the picture on the magazine
She's the woman just behind you at the checkout stand
She may appear to be common but she mystifies
In all the ways the wisest men and children understand
'Cause she has eyes that sparkle with her love
And she has a smile that's as gentle as a dove
And no woman from a movie or an ad could ever hope to be
As beautiful as she

She is not a highly honored diplomat
Held responsible to lead the world to peace
But what she does is every bit as serious
Amidst the turmoil everywhere that will never cease
'Cause she has hands that wipe the tears away
And she has a voice that makes everything O.K.
And no woman from the papers or T.V. could ever hope to be
As indispensable as she

And it breaks my heart every time I see her wonder
If she means anything in this world that pulls her under
And she doesn't always see the way that Heaven smiles above her
That's the reason I try to always tell her that I love her

'Cause she may not be known for giving millions
To the charities and auctions on the news
But I believe she's given more than anyone
In all the times she's ever had to choose
To give up sleep to rock her children every night
And give her heart to always hold their dreams so tight
And the best that you or I could ever hope to be
Is as wonderful as she

And the best that you or I could ever hope to be
Is as wonderful as she


My friend Alisha made this song way easier to sing. I felt peace when I could look out into the crowd and see her smiling at me. I knew that no matter what or how good I did she would still think the world of me. She is such an amazing lady,  I just love her! 


What else also helped was I was looking throughout the congregation and seeing so    many women, and I could see their potentials and how most don't realize how amazing they really are. I feel so blessed to be associated with such amazing women of the church. I am such a blessed lady!  


Here are some of my ladies that I dearly love and sang for!








2 comments:

  1. I love when you sing! I'm so glad you were able to share your beautiful talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, thank you so much for sharing yourself both in church and here. You are beautiful and I'm very blessed to know you.

    ReplyDelete