Monday, May 7, 2012

The chase!

Well, haven't written in a very long time. I really don't think I can keep up with a blog. I decided there will just be no rhyme or reason to this blog. I will just write all my thoughts, recipes, and just really anything. I think it would be way more interesting for myself :)

I have been talking to my friend about "The Chase". I just got out of a relationship and it has driven me to think what do I want and what do I need to do differently. I have been learning ALOT about it, and it's just great.

Remember when you are kids and you are playing on the playground and the most popular game was the boys always chasing the girls. It doesn't matter what language, country or person you are it always happened. Chasing was a universal language, if I chase you I think you are kind of cute, in a kidish way.

My question to you is, when did this chase stop, and why doesn't this apply to now? Maybe it's just me but I think times are changing and we are seeing a lot more of the girl chasing the boy. I think its rather pathetic on both sides. I think we as women are so excited and eager to get into relationships and we find a great catch that we just are so afraid that if we don't chase it, it will just fly away and we wont have a chance with that "awesome" guy.

Then we have the male specimen.... oh boys... They have been coming so use to this women's rights and us being able to speak for what we want that, they just let it happen. Men know now that women will just come flocking to them, they just wait it out.

I feel that as women we need to surpress those feelings a little more and men, they just need to quit being so lazy and go on some dates. Just because you go on a few dates with someone doesn't mean that you are having to commit to anything.

Needless to say... I just want to be chased. I want someone to want me, that they are so willing to wait till I am ready. I don't want to have to date exclusively right away, or kiss right away because I feel that will keep him around. I want to go at my pace and if its too slow for him then, he isn't worth my time. Time is what I need in whom ever I date next. I want them to be my friend first and then later we can work on becoming soul mates.







1 comment:

  1. You NEED to watch He's Just Not That Into You. NOT because boys aren't into, but the other messages they give. It's PG-13 just to tell ya! LOVE YOU :)

    ReplyDelete